North Carolina's Wealthiest Town!
When Mrs. George Vanderbilt set out to design the Town of Biltmore Forest in Asheville, she envisioned a community where persons of means could lay claim to a portion of the beauty created by her husband at Biltmore Estate. About 1600 acres were set aside for residential real estate development. There is no other such example of a town in all the United States.
Donald Ross was secured to design and build the challenging links for the private and prestigious Biltmore Forest Country Club, 1999 host of the Women's U.S. Amateur Open and the epicenter of activity in the community. Frederick Law Olmsted (Central Park, Biltmore Estate) was the community landscape architect... nothing was left to chance.
Natural beauty was preserved and defined and is the hallmark of the town today. The atmosphere of Biltmore Forest was determined and the plan of development was worked out to the last detail before a single tree was touched. A superb Asheville real estate development!
Serene, thickly wooded, spread out and natural, the idea was not to create an enclave for the very rich or a compound for the elderly, rather a fine place in Asheville, bordering Biltmore Estate, for cottages, castles, condos... for walkers, runners, cyclists and active children. A quaint Town Hall, a friendly police force and a July 4th parade for kids complete with Uncle Sam make Biltmore Forest a real old-fashioned town.
Shopping in Biltmore Village
Today, privately incorporated Biltmore Forest represents a desirable balance of community and seclusion... a neighborhood eligible for the Historic Registry. Average citizens are businessmen, professionals, retirees. No guards, no gate houses, no scheduled activities... just friendly neighbors and fine surroundings.
- The Town offers community parks, 24 hr. police and fire protection, a private membership golf club, and private, public and parochial schools nearby.
- There are approximately 600 homes on three square miles. The town is located near Vanderbilt's charming Biltmore Village.
- Biltmore Forest provides a setting of tranquility for those seeking to make their homes in the subtle majesty of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- In 1996, 2000 and again in 2001,Worth Magazine listed the Town of Biltmore Forest in the top 250 wealthiest towns in the US... and the state's finest!
- Biltmore Forest is located just outside the city limits of Asheville, North Carolina. It is bound by Vanderbilt's incomparable Biltmore Estate and the glorious Blue Ridge Parkway.
- A 5-10 minute drive can take you to the best grocers, banks, shopping and interstate highways ... or downtown Asheville. And just 15 minutes to the jetport.
Cathey M. Bailey, Broker